After several years of introspection and a great deal of bewilderment, pieces are finally starting to come together and make sense. No, I’m not talking about our economy, however it seems so evident we are perched high atop the precipice. I am talking more about our ‘two-party’ system and what is going on with it. Ever since Bush Jr.’s last term I had a feeling democrats were going to take the white house. Things just wern’t going to well for Jr. Not all his fault, but he’s not completely blameless either. But I’m not getting into all that. The real french letter was when I saw the caliber of ‘Republicans’ the G.O.P. were running for the year. Something strange was happening, then I saw the democratic candidates, and when Barrac began making some serious steam I had to ask myself, what is going on here.
You see the Republicans are having their own problems right now, they cannot figure out who the hell they are, in fact it’s quite plain what they are becoming, because they have been trying to position themselves on this line since Bill Clinton. The Republican party wants to be blue-dog democrats. No new there, but you will be surprised to know that the morphology is almost complete, but not because of the work Republicans have done, but more by the work Democrats have done. The real action is taking place over in the Democrats camp. BTW, any democrat over the age of 60 won’t be able to see this because they have been a ‘party-liner’ for FAR too long and they have no idea what is really going on except what CNN tells them. All Hail Anderson!
There is a great split happening among Democrats that is a little strange to see, however when you factor in the history of the world it really isn’t strange at all. There is an ever-so-slight cleavage splitting the cell of the Democratic parties into two strong factions and there is one little one. One of those factions is of course the Blue Dogs. Fiscal conservatives but social liberals. Their ideology is based on monetary facts and less on the social perspects. This is where most democrats would place themselves if given a survey, however they do not know this fracture is taking place. This blue-dog sect, are splitting off and slowly morphing into Republicans, or visa-versa. Republicans (who have always been fiscal conservatives) are morphing their social conservatism into something more main stream. So the Blue Dog Democrats and the G.O.P. are actually becoming one single party. So what is happening in true conservatism? Pandemonium, true conservatives can’t even identify one another at this point. Some are running under a ‘conservative’ party instead of republicans, some have joined in with the independent party, and others have joined something called constitution party. To be truthful the true conservatives are fractured and leaderless, unless you count Ron Paul, who has failed time and time again to gain any real steam in the elections because of the two party system.
But what is really happening with Democrats these days? Take a REALLY GOOD look at Pelosie, at Reid, and Obama. What do you see? Can you see it in the policy passed over the last year? Can you see the begging of it, when Bush pushed through the first bail-out? A party is gaining power under the guise of a blend of conservative and liberal ideals, do you know what it is. It has been around for over a millenia we just never thought we would see it on our shores. What do you get when you cross liberal philosophy and ideology on the family and a conservative statism and facism? Earlier last year I thought I had nailed it down to a kind of weird Americanized socialism but I think I am wrong, and what I believe is emerging is far worse than what I envisioned.
- What kind of government do you have if THEY tell you what to plant? Obama will be introducing legislation this next year to try and governmentize all farmlands. It will be called the ‘safe foods’ act, or something very innocuous to sell it to the people.
- What kind of government do you have if THEY tell you, you no longer own any of the water bearing parts of your land and that this falls under imminent domain, under the pure ownership of the Federal Government? Do you remember another country doing this in 1915-1917? It’s amazing how little we know of genocidal governments in other parts of the world while we look down the barrel of that same government right here. By the way that institution passed in several states in 2008, and is up to be passed in the Federal Government.
- What kind of government do you have when it creates a provision to suspend inalienable human rights ‘short term’ (guess how long short term is?) in order to preserve “peace” (guess who gets to define peace?).
- What kind of government do you have when that same government can go back into time and edit or obliterate those same laws it has been elected to protect and serve?
- What kind of government do you have when that government becomes an elected government but that the choices are selected from a money pool? In short, how is it that the representatives are buying their way into their upper positions?
I could go on with this. The new democratic party is picking up the laws conservatives have been pushing through regarding statism and militaristic control and using them to push their own agenda. All those homeland security laws and control laws that have been pumped through post 9-11 are going to come home to roost on this very presidency. The next three years are crucial for them, they are a brand new party traveling under an old brand. These ‘progressives’ are burning the fuel of a pissed off Democratic party that cannot understand how they could not get Bush Jr. out of office the past eight years, but they (to steal a line from a movie) let a clown out of the box. They let the progressives in, to do what they have failed to do for years. Systematically beat Republican candidates. And they beat them quite soundly due to the ineptitude of a faltering republican party, and some extremely brilliant marketing by democrats.
Progressives probably have another six years before the yellow-dog democrats figure out that the republican party is dead and that the Democrat party has become something altogether different. Progressives will continue to fuel themselves with this ignorance until this aging generation of boomers retire or psuedo-retire and become non-essential burdens on the state. The new, and the young will be taking over now, to some degree completely skipping over Generation X because the baby boomers just simply lived longer than we all expected. There are some Gen X’ers bouncing around in their fathers offices, but by and large, the boomers will egress while GenY and Generation ‘screw you’ steps in. This will be the generation of the ‘path of least resistance’ and ‘I don’t care what you do, just leave me alone’ groups.
All in all we will need to hang on, because it could be a very bumpy ride.